Hello all! The year is halfway gone – #mindblown – and I just can’t handle it, but what can you do? A June wrap-up is the only answer I’ve got!
June was certainly an interesting month. Lot’s of family and work stuff going on. It also saw me trying to really get reading again. That said, here’s what I read in the month of June:
1. Rule Breaker (Breeds #29) by Lora Leigh
2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen *re-read
3. Alone with Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds
4. The Ball at Meryton by Bronwen Chisholm
5. A London Liason by Belle Jansen
6. Desiring Mr. Darcy by Scarlett Rossi
7. Bengal’s Quest (Breeds #30) by Lora Leigh
Obviously I was extremely heavy on the Pride and Prejudice variations in June, but what better way to come out of a reading slump than to read about my favorite literary couple of all time? None, that’s what!
Everything I read was really quite enjoyable and I’m hoping to keep up the momentum this month. I’ve already read a couple of books and I’m looking forward to many more!
Featured on the blog in June:
I started a new weekly meme sort of thing where I share random books that I own. I feel it’s a great way to show some love to books that I might not normally get a chance to talk about. If you want to check those out, here’s the In the Library of Hannah posts!
Outside of books I’ve been doing some watching of the Netflix (SHOCKER, IKNO!) and knitting because knitting.
What I’ve watched:
– The great X-Files rewatch is ongoing. I don’t know how much I saw during June, but I’m just about halfway through season 8, so hey hey.
– Jurassic World came out!!! And omg, I’m solidly in the I LOVE IT category!
– I rewatched Stardust which is worth mentioning because the movie is hilarious and I think everyone should see it! Plus, Deniro as a cross-dressing sky-pirate – who can say no to that?
– Downton Abbey! So… I didn’t actually marathon this or anything, but I did watch the first episode and it put me into fits. I’m thinking about just marathoning it on vacation or something because it’s going to be amazing. I can feel it.
I’ve been going back and forth between two main knitting projects for the last month.
The first is a cowl for my mom to match a hat that I recently made her. I have to show a picture here because the banding of the colors (its a variegated yarn) is absolutely amazeballs!
Look at that, it’s cray cray. The pattern is Opul Infinity Scarf by Megan Goodacre and the yarn is Juniper Moon Moonshine Trios, Color 112.
Unfortunately I’m not prepared with a picture of the cardigan I’ve been knitting for myself, but it’s gorgeous so check out the link if you’re interested! I’m knitting Petrichor by Hanna Maciejewska with Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Cranberry (which is a GORGEOUS red, just sayin’).
That’s basically my June in a nutshell. What are you reading, watching, and/or knitting? Please tell me! Any suggestions? Give me those as well! Until next time, Happy Reading!