The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer:
It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
So the past couple of weeks have been interesting to say the least. I’ve done a bit of reading, but literally only a bit. Work has been insane and we’re trying to prep for our audit which is always a blast. At least through the craziness I have my upcoming vacation to look forward to! So, all that said, let’s get to it!
Last week on The Book Pub:
It was a slow week with only one of my meme’s and one review, but that’s a whole one review more than the week before so… hey hey.
– I reviewed Rule Breaker by Lora Leigh
– I continued on with my In the Library of Hannah posts
Books I finished:
Some of these will have been in the week before, I honestly don’t remember which, but I’ll just recap it all anyway. Cause I’m an adult and I do what I want! 😀
I finished rereading: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen!
Then promptly binged some P&P Variations:
– Alone with Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds
– The Ball at Meryton by Bronwen Chisholm
– A London Liaison by Belle Jansen
– Desiring Mr. Darcy by Scarlett Rossi
I also got my pre-order of Bengal’s Quest by Lora Leigh early last week and read the shit out of that book as quick as possible. How long ’til the next one?
1. Terms & Conditions by Robert Glancy – I picked this us from Oyster a few weeks back and sadly haven’t read any of it lately. I got sucked into a Darcy/Lizzie Whirlwind so I need to get back to that.
2. What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund – I found this a while ago at Barnes & Noble was intrigued enough to instantly buy it and finally picked it up this past week.
What’s going up on the blog this week:
I’ll be reviewing Bengal’s Quest by Lora Leigh
I’ll have some mini-reviews (I think!) for the P&P variations I read
I can’t remember if I’ve ever properly reviewed Pride and Prejudice, but if I haven’t, no time like the present and all that.
Tuesday will of course bring a Teaser Tuesdays post and Thursday an In the Library of Hannah post.
I had a couple of weak moments in the last few weeks and there was some definite unnecessary, but very much wanted, book buying. If I’m paying for prime, might as well use it right?!?! #justification lol.
Anywhoodle. Here are my recent purchases. **Please don’t mind all the extra books in the background. My phone wouldn’t let me email the photos to myself for editing so I just uploaded them to WordPress from the app on my phone.
A few weeks ago I was in the neighborhood of my favorite used book store with my stepmom and brothers so we stopped into one of the locations and I purchased:
– The Canterbury Papers by Judith Koll Healey
– Night of the Jaguar by Joe Gannon
I also made some Amazon purchases, y’know ’cause Amazon:
– A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R.R. Martin – I’m telling myself that buying the third book will make me finishing reading the second one, lol.
– Among Thieves by Douglas Hulick – I actually put this one on my wishlist because of Anya’s review of it and decided to finally buy it.
– Love and Freindship and Other Writings by Jane Austen – The spelling of Friendship drives me batshit crazy, but I LOVE Jane Austen so I’m trusting her!
Also in one of my orders I bought a few different Oxford Classics because my job makes me feel stupid – not because I’m dumb, but because I swear everyday I work there I just lose more and more brain cells from the monotony – and I wanted to feel smart and learn stuff. So I got:
– The First Philosophers: The Presocratics and the Sophists by Robin Waterfield
– The Library of Greek Mythology by Apollodorus
– Leonardo da Vinci’s Notebooks
Then, funny story. I wanted to read The Canterbury Tales, so I bought it. Except the Oxford edition is translated and I wanted to read it in Middle English. So, like any good book nerd I bought it again, this time reading the full details about it. Wanna see the two copies next to each other? It’s comical.
So those are the hauls. I have one more book on the way from these hauls but I’ll show it when I get it! Also, ebooks I have bought aren’t included today but this is already so much longer than I intended so maybe I’ll spotlight those separately this week or something.
I think that’s all for today. If you’ve read any of these books, have suggestions, etc please feel free to share! Until next time, Happy Reading!