Book Pub Talk is an idea that I had and started several months ago, but sadly I let it fall by the wayside. I’m bringing it back though! This is where I’ll share all kinds of bookishness and links from the past week or so.
Here’s some of the stuff I came across recently:
- Posts for 2015 Reading Challenges are going up all over the place. I follow A Novel Challenge which is a fantastic site that collects them all. Needless to say I want to do them ALL. If only reading challenges paid the bills! Either way I’m going to start thinking about my goals for next year and go from there.
- While catching up with Bloglovin’ recently, I saw this post over at Fantasy is More Fun where readers have the choice to help pick out a TBR read for the month. It’s hosted by Michelle at Because Reading. It seems like an awesome meme and I’m very much thinking about joining in. I have a GINORMOUS TBR with so many choices, so it can’t hurt to get some guidance on all the books!
- There has been lots of talk about the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, especially since the release of the second trailer. Julie at Yummy Men & Kickass Chicks has a great post where she asks, what’s the big deal?! Honestly, who knows. That being said… I did read the books and it was awful, but I’m kind of curious how they’re translating it to the big screen. I’ll likely wait until it’s on Netflix, but at this point, I’ve got the mentality that it can’t possibly be worse than the books. Time will tell…
- Having mentioned Julie, this week she also shared this list of the 25 Erotica Tropes That Need to Die. I had a laugh or ten whilst reading it. It’s absolutely worth a read if you’re a reader of romance or erotica!
- Goodreads released a post this week where they shared some reading data about men and women readers. It’s very interesting data to look at, though there are some questions that aren’t answered. Still worth a look in my opinion.
- Michelle over at Book Briefs has a discussion post where she talks about why she likes so many of the books she reads. She makes some great points about her own reading, and reading in general for us booknerds. We know what we like – therefore, more high ratings than low ratings. Check it out!
- We’ve all heard this before: ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover.’ Yet, how often do we do just that? Kelsey from Verbosity Book Reviews posted this discussion about judging book covers that is worth a read.
Here on The Book Pub:
- I posted my review of Nash by Jay Crownover
- I did the TBR Tag for fun!
- I discussed how I rate books – a thing that never fails to interest me
This has been a weird reading week. I keep pick up different books before I finish the one before it. Craziness.
- I’m still reading Jane Eyre – which I so want to finish, but just haven’t picked up
- I’m also still reading Rowdy by Jay Crownover – I totally got distracted there
- I read (and finished!) Release Me (Stark Trilogy #1) by J. Kenner
- I started reading Captivated by You (Crossfire #4) by Sylvia Day – because how could I not?
- Lastly, I started reading Styx’s Storm (Breeds #22) by Lora Leigh – since I was in the mood for this series.
Right now, my reading goals are to stay focused and just finish the four books I’ve got started. I’m interested in them all, so I just need to not let the other books that catch my fancy get in the way. Oh, to be a booknerd.
What’s coming up this week?
I honestly wish I knew. Obviously Thanksgiving is Thursday for those of us in the US. My dad’s birthday is this week, and I work in retail so we’re running Pre-Black Friday deals while getting ready for actual Black Friday which means it’s been a madhouse. I still get two days to myself this week so I’m hoping to get some stuff up on here Monday and Tuesday, but I don’t have a clue what that will be, lol.
Feel free to let me know if there’s anything awesome out there that I missed this past week! Until next time, Happy Reading!