AHHH! It’s Bout of Books! Here’s all of my official Day 1 stuff from BoB 11.
The first challenge I did was the Bookish Scavenger Hunt hosted over at The Book Monsters. Here are the tweets I submitted for that! I totally had a blast with this, even if I couldn’t find a poetry or short story anthology to save my life at the time and used something that probably won’t count. Also, sorry ahead of time about the ginormous tweet pictures. XD
1. Book that begins with a B (for Bout of Books): Between the Bridge and the River by Craig Ferguson. I had lots of difficulty finding a book that started with a B and didn’t have ‘The’ before it, but I found about 3 at once and this was closest to me, lol.
2. Book that’s been made into a TV Show or Movie: I went with Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen because… P&P. It’s my go to, even if I am burning it out during Bout of Books, lol.
3. A Series I love: I had to go with the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. It’s a fantastic series, plus the 12th book just came out! I CAN’T wait to get my hands on it (damn bills and grown-up-ness!)
4. An anthology of poems or short stories: Here’s my cheat entry! The Essential Chomsky Edited by Anthony Arnove. When trying to find this one I had a hell of a time. I couldn’t think of or find anything that was a literal anthology. Of course, I can think of one now…
5. A book on my TBR or my TBR shelf: I don’t separate my unread books because my OCD/anal retentiveness wouldn’t allow for it in a million years. This just so happens to be a particularly unread section on one of my fiction shelves.
The second challenge for day 1 was the Playlist challenge over at LuLo Fangirl. I had a bit of difficulty coming up with a quick playlist that I really loved, but here’s my finished product.
I chose Club Dead by Charlaine Harris (the 1st book I finished for Bout of Books).
1. Never There by Cake
2. My Body by Young the Giant
3. An Honest Mistake by The Bravery
4. Animal by Against Me!
5. Say It by Blue October
6. Better by Regina Spektor
I think it’s a pretty fitting playlist based on Sookie’s thoughts and emotions throughout the book. So, yay!
I’m very happy with my reading for day 1.
As mentioned above, I finished Club Dead (Sookie #3) by Charlaine Harris before bed. That was a total of 149 pages.
In addition, I started Dead to the World (Sookie #4) also by Ms. Harris. I read 126 pages of that.
That makes for a total of 275 pages for day number one. Considering everything else I did today, sleep, participate in the twitter chat, and clean my kitchen top to bottom… Just under 300 pages is a very good number for me!
I think that’s it for me as far as day 1 goes. It’ was a super productive day I’m glad to say!
How was you’re day 1 for Bout of Books? Feel free to share and Happy Reading!