June has officially come to an end and we’re into July – and the second half of the year. I’m still wondering where the hell 2014 has gone. This year is just flying by. That said, lets get into the June wrap up!
I completed 10 books in the month of June and all of them were pretty fantastic. An amazing month as far as quality goes.
1. A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin
2. Dare to Resist (Wedding Dare #0.5) by Laura Kaye
3. Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love #3) by Gina Maxwell
4. His to Keep (Out of Uniform #1.5) by Katee Robert
5. Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers #1) by J. Lynn
6. Dream Huntress (Dream Huntress #1) by Michelle Sharp
7. Cowboy Take Me Away (Rough Riders #16) by Lorelei James
8. Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson #7) by Patricia Briggs
9. Night Broken (Mercy Thompson #8) by Patricia Briggs
10. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire *re-read
It’s hard to choose favorites, but if I had to it would be Game of Thrones, because its Game of Thrones, the last two Mercy Thompson books because they’re amazing and I love them and the whole series gets ALL the stars, and Cowboy Take Me Away because as the last book in a 16 books series, James still managed to keep it fresh and get me with it.
Here’s what happened on the blog in June:
- I started participating in Teaser Tuesdays because I think its an awesome idea!
- I splurged on a few books
- I reviewed Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- and Dream Huntress by Michelle Sharp
Upcoming in July:
On Thursday my mid-year progress post will be up. There I’m going to talk about all kinds of fun reading and bookish stuff! I’m also going to try my hand at some bloggy stuffs like layouts and a header picture. It’s been a while since I’ve done any of that kind of stuff though so it may end up a bust.
July is also the month of my vacation! 23 days, not that I’m counting! I’ll be at the Cape from the 24th through the 30th and I haven’t decided if I’ll be pre-scheduling everything for that week or doing it all as I go. That’s one of those things that I’ll be playing by ear.
Anticipated July Reads:
I don’t know. Honestly. I haven’t really thought about it and I have no clue what I want to bring on vacation with me so I’ll be picking a lot of my reads this month as I go. Although, I should say I’m hankering for some Mr. Darcy in my life so there may well be some Pride and Prejudice or P&P variations in my life this month. I am currently reading three books so I’ll share those with you.
– A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin
– Hard Time by Cara McKenna
– The Martian by Andy Weir
That’s all for today. How was your June? Any good books in your future? Feel free to share!