Another month has passed and we’re just into June which is insanity if you ask me. 2014 is nearly half gone! Where has life gone? I missed my April wrap-up so I’m going to a quick listing of my April stuffs then I’ll get into more current events.
In April I read and completed 12 books! They were:
1. Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors #6) by Pamela Palmer
2. A Love Untamed (Feral Warriors #7) by Pamela Palmer
3. Wulfe Untamed (Feral Warriors #8) by Pamela Palmer
4. Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
5. Private Practice by Samanthe Beck
6. Anno Dracula (Anno Dracula #1) by Kim Newman
7. Tarnished (Silver #2) by Rhiannon Held
8. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
9. Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
10. The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood #12) by J.R. Ward
11. Tempted by the Soldier (Falling For You #2) by Nicollette Day
12. Nash (Marked Men #4) by Jay Crownover
All in all it was a fantastic reading month! I don’t think I could pick a favorite if I had to. It’s probably tied between Anno Dracula, Forbidden, Tarnished, Nash, Obsidian…. Yeah. Great month for reading! =]
I didn’t read quite as much in May (even with my participation in Bout of Books), but that’s okay. Why, you may be wondering? Because this is the month that I finally read a Mercy Thompson novel. Okay.. SIX Mercy Thompson novels. I’m addicted. In love. Can’t stop. Patricia Briggs will forever be a favorite and I shall fangirl over her brilliance for eternity.
Here’s what I read in May:
1. Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs
2. Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) by Patricia Briggs
3. Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3) by Patricia Briggs
4. Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson #4) by Patricia Briggs
5. Reflected (Silver #3) by Rhiannon Held
6. Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis #1) by Gena Showalter
7. Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
8. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
9. Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5) by Patricia Briggs
10. River Marked (Mercy Thompson #6) by Patricia Briggs
May was definitely a bit of a packed month for me, even if most of the blog activity here was related to bloggish events and less to me tackling my ever growing i-want-to-get-this-done-on-the-blog list. Things that happened in May…
- I participated in Bout of Books! Here’s some daily progress/wrap-up for those interested – Goals – Day 1 – Day 2 – Day 3 – Day 4 – Day 5 – Wrap-up
- I participated in the Write On Review-a-thon
As far as reviews – here’s what went up throughout the month:
- The King by J.R. Ward
- Silver by Rhiannon Held (a copy of my review from my old blog/goodreads)
- Tarnished by Rhiannon Held
- Heart of the Dragon by Gena Showalter
- Reflected by Rhiannon Held
What can you expect to see in the next month or so?
Lots of reviews. I have several written reviews to post and several outlined reviews to finish so those will start going up Wednesday I believe.
More Mercy Thompson! I am LOVING these books. Only two to go and I’ll be all caught up. I’m so giddy with the excitement.
I started watching Sons of Anarchy and I may require use of the blog from time to time to gush I believe. Because… what the shit? I can’t stop. It’s crazy-insane-awesome.
I so, so want to finally conquer A Game of Thrones, the first book. I started reading it again yesterday and I basically just want to read it non-stop until I finish. I’m going to spend as much of my two days off, tomorrow and Wednesday, reading as possible. Will I actually read Game of Thrones in three days, probably not. But I’m gonna try!
Other books I’m planning to read this month:
Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Numbers by Rachel Ward – started during Bout of Books and I want to finish it
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson – same situation as Numbers, lol
Beautiful Disaster – this’ll be a re-read for me for a group I’m in on Goodreads
I also may or may not start my re-read of Sookie Stackhouse. Much as I don’t want the series to end I’m thinking it’s about time that I jump into the series again and read the last two books since I’ve been putting it off for I don’t even know how long. Any thoughts on that one?
For now, I do believe that’s everything that I’ve got. How was your month in reading? Any good books you want to share? Please, tell the class! Happy Reading!