We are officially into Day 1 of Bout of Books! Here’s the post where I’ll be posting my challenge and updates for Monday!
Today’s challenge is held by The Book Barbies and is the ‘If you like x, try y’ challenge. What’s to it? Basically its a way to recommend all the books you want. Here goes.
– If you like science fiction that has you thinking ‘SAY WHAT!’ at the end, try Containment by Christian Cantrell.
– If you like YA with a super kickass leading lady, try the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
– If you like urban fantasy and want to try something where everyone is not quite as friendly as they let on, try the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs (I’m so obsessed right now, lol).
– If you like romances that are super intense, try the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day.
– If you like books that take chances and get you thinking, try Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.
That’s all for now. What are some of your x, y recommendations? Please, share with the class! Happy reading and ‘thonning!
Progress for Day 1:
Reading-wise I did kinda meet my goal. I definitely did some reading though a lot of it was one eye reading and one eye watching the hockey game I dvr’d Sunday night. I read roughly three hours give or take a few minutes here and there and I finished Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs!
Pages read: 135
All in all, I am happy enough with my Day 1 progress. I did end up working until midnight so I didn’t end Day 1 with as much read as I’d have liked but it’s all good. Until next time I’m off to read and visit some more blogs. How was your day 1? Feel free to share!