Hiya everyone! Welcome to Book Pub Talk. This is a post that I put up on the weekends to share all the random bloggy and bookish things. This has been a busy week for the bookish world. Here’s some of what’s caught my eye.
- One of the big things going on has been the debacle over the BookCon statement about diversity. Lots of bloggers and others as well have been all fired up, but here’s a post that I think makes a really good point about the issue. Any thoughts? Read and decide for yourselves!
- On a happier note, this week was World Book Night! A ton of bloggers participated and it’s definitely worth checking out!
- Another super awesome thing that happened this weekend? Dewey’s Read-a-thon! I haven’t participated in this in a couple of years, but I definitely followed along on the blogs and the twitters and cheered folks on. Darn work got in the way of me participating this April, but October #readathon – I’ve got my sights on you.
- Other super amazeballs read-a-thon stuff. Check out this post from Felicia over at The Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog talking about the charity contribution she made from the read-a-thon. She also spotlights others who did the same kind of thing.
- Amber over at The Mile Long Bookshelf recently did a survey where she asked her readers to anonymously answer some questions about the book-blogging community. The answers were a bit surprising to me, but it’s certainly worth checking out nonetheless.
- If you’re looking for a laugh, check out this post from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. All the gifs, guys!
Here on the Blog:
- I participated in the Write On Review-a-thon. I’ll link up my wrap-up post here once I’ve written it. XD
- I reviewed Rule and Jet by Jay Crownover.
- I also talked about marathoning series in this week’s Thoughtful Thursday.
I feel like my reading has kind of suffered lately. I started a book, but had to put it down officially simply because I had no desire to keep reading it even though I was kinda curious. I did finish reading two books this week though.
1. The King (BDB #12) by J.R. Ward
2. Tempted by the Soldier by Nicolette Day
I also started another couple of books this week. Those are..
1. Reflected by Rhiannon Held
2. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt (current book club read)
Coming up on the blog, you can expect the first of the RTYB reviews this week. There will be possible commentary from both the fellow bookclubbers, Also, Tuesday is NASH! I’m gonna read that book so hard. CAN’T WAIT!
I’m also thinking about taking part in some of the bookish events going on. This week is the Spring Into Horror read-a-thon, and what better motivation to finally read House of Leaves, hmm? Bout of Books is right around the corner too! I’m definitely thinking I’ll be hitting that up.
Until next time, I need to go sleep so bad, so happy reading!